Thursday, July 24, 2008

one more for tonight!

So I just realized that I haven't mentioned too much about what I've actually been doing for "work" everyday. I mean I know I said we went to the school, but I didn't tell you what I actually do. Today I taught the kids about Glaucoma, Cataracts, and how to maintain good eye health. I also told them things they shouldn't do to treat their eyes. In Ghana, some people will put seawater, urine, tomato juice, herbs, breast milk, sugar water, and other things along those lines in their eyes!!!!!! I couldn't believe all of this when I heard it. Kartee asked the kids what were some things they would put in their eyes when they had pink eye or something and the kids actually said all of these things!! Man saltwater and urine would burn so bad!!! Oh and onion juice also. And breast milk....? Ew.... These kids need to hear what we are saying and go home and teach their parents and siblings.

Just thought I should actually say something that I've been doing that actually concerns the eye!!!!

Night :)

No comments: