Friday, August 1, 2008

past few days...

So I haven't been doing a good job at keeping this up this week. Today is Friday... Off day again. New volunteers are here. Tons of them. They all seem pretty cool. My friend Erica is leaving today...I'm sad:( and our other good close friend Nick left yesterday :(( But I still have Ryan and Max.

So Tuesday I went on outreach to some village like 3 hours away with Robert, Erica, Nick, and Ruth. It was a great day...but VERRRY long. We did not get back until late....8ish...then went to chinese with everyone. We also saw a lot of ppl with very bad eye problems on Tuesday...lots of blind ppl....so sad.

Wednesday I went on outreach with Dennis (another nurse), Ryan, Jerson, and Max. Over 250 ppl showed up to be screened...but we were only able to see 158. This was a suppppper long day. We didn't get home until like 10 at night. We referred over 20 ppl for surgery on Wed.... Huge number

Yesterday I went to the Crystal Eye Clinic with Erica. It rained all day and so when we got there patients hadn't shown up b/c the roads were so bad. We sat around forever...then finally some came and we saw about 10 or 12 surgeries. (Mostly cataract surgeries, but also 2 pterygiums....Pterygium surgery is SOOO FAST!!!) Then we came back to the hotel and the 2 of us went to T&C to eat dinner. Then me, Ryan, Erica, Max, and Kartee went down to Osu to go out since it was Erica's last night in Accra. We went to this bar/club called Bywel...it was really cool. Live music...kinda jazzy. There were surprisingly a lot of white ppl there too!! It was a fun night!!

Not sure what the plans are for the rest of the day...but I will try to upload some pics later!

peace-

No comments: